Andas Mer Rug Care
Andas Mer rugs are finished in the studio by being hand washed and then treated for stain resistance with non-toxic, environmentally friendly Aqua Armor Fabric Protector for Rug and Carpet. Reapply fabric protector as needed. Wipe up spills immediately with a dry cloth.
*It is normal to have loose threads from the reclaimed fabric peek out from the weave. These can be trimmed if desired. Do not pull loose threads.
Removing Dust and Dirt
- Hang rug over a railing or clothesline and hit with a carpet beater or broom
- Remove light dust and dirt with a vacuum hose
*Do not shake rugs with enough force to snap out dust as this puts stress on the weave structure and will age a rug prematurely.
Washing and Drying
Andas Mer rugs may be taken to a professional rug cleaner or washed and dried at home using the following instructions:
- Fill a tub with just enough warm water to submerge
- Fold rug over once or twice to fit tub if necessary
- Use a medium bristle brush and laundry soap to scrub clean
- Rinse thoroughly in cold water
- Squeeze out excess water by rolling in a large towel
- Lay rug flat to dry, away from direct sunlight
*Rugs become heavy when saturated with water. Fold or roll in the direction of the hem rather than lifting by one side or corner to avoid stretching.
*Rugs may cause a slipping hazard when placed on hard surface floors. Use an all natural rubber rug pad such as Rug Pad Corner's Super Hold to reduce slipping.